Is your property eligible for equity release?
So you’re thinking about equity release, but unsure if your property meets the eligibility requirements? In today’s article, we look at the potential for taking out equity release on non-standard properties.
Until recently, it was often very difficult to get equity release on homes that were anything other than standard construction types. Fortunately, lenders today are more flexible and accepting of equity release on non-standard properties, including homes of non-standard construction and those used partly for commercial reasons.
That said, you may find it slightly more challenging to get equity release on non-standard property types, which is why seeking specialist advice can make all the difference. In this guide, we’ll take a look at what you need to know, including:
- Can you get equity release on properties of non-standard construction?
- Are any other property types potentially ineligible for equity release?
- Leasehold properties
- Equity release on mobile homes
- Equity release on park homes
- Equity release on commercial properties
- Other property types
- Find out if your property is eligible for equity release