Your questions answered: Is equity release tax-free?
Equity release is an increasingly popular way to boost your income when you are in or approaching retirement. In the early stages of enquiring about equity release many customers ask: “Is equity release tax-free?” It’s an important question to ask, as the amount of money you release could be tens of thousands of pounds.
To clarify any potential equity release tax implications, we’ll discuss the following in today’s article:
- Do you pay income tax on equity release cash?
- Will I have to pay capital gains tax on equity release?
- Are there any equity release tax implications?
- Do you pay tax on equity release with home reversion plans?
- Can equity release reduce inheritance tax liability?
- Do I have to pay tax on equity release from my buy-to-let property?
We hope this guide will help you understand the issues around equity release and tax. Our selected advisers are also available to discuss your circumstances and offer further information. Just call us on 0800 096 2215 or request a call back and we’ll arrange a no-obligation appointment for you. Alternatively, check your eligibility and get an initial indication of how much tax-free cash you could unlock.
Please note: This article is provided for information purposes only and does not represent financial, mortgage or investment advice. If in doubt, you should seek independent financial advice.