All the information you need for equity release in Scotland
Property price increases over the last decade have helped to fuel an 18% growth in Scotland’s equity release market. We take a look at the impact this has had for Scottish homeowners looking to release tax-free cash from their property via equity release.
The equity release industry saw continued growth last year. A record-breaking 93,421 new and returning customers chose to release £6.2billion of their property wealth, according to Equity Release Council figures. But is this retirement lending option as popular in Scotland as it is across the rest of the UK?
In this article we’ll explore the latest trends for equity release in Scotland, including:
- What is involved in equity release?
- Average house value in Scotland rises £60k in ten years.
- What does the house price boom mean for Scotland’s equity release potential?
- Growth in Scotland’s equity release market.
- Can I arrange a Bank of Scotland equity release plan?
- Will slowing property prices affect equity release in Scotland?
- Find out more about equity release mortgages in Scotland.