The latest trends for London equity release
In our 2022 market report, we look at how rising property prices in particular have fuelled a 20% growth in the London equity release market over the past five years. We break down the impact of rising property prices – and how you can find out how much you could release.
The equity release market has been booming over the past decade, with the industry now six times bigger than it was in 2011 according to Equity Release Council figures.
The availability of many new plans and flexible product features has contributed to this growth. But record average house prices and the impact this has on how much cash later life borrowers can access is also a factor – and London has seen a particularly strong property boom.
In this article we’ll explore the latest trends for equity release in London, including:
- How does equity release work?
- Average London house value rises £200k in ten years.
- What does the house price boom mean for London equity release potential?
- The growth in London’s equity release market.
- Will slowing property prices affect the London equity release market?
- Extra flexibility adds to the popularity of today’s equity release plans.
- Alternatives to equity release in London.
- Find out more about London equity release.