How strict rules and standards serve to protect your interests
The organisation which has perhaps done the most for the equity release industry in terms of standards and regulation is the Equity Release Council.
If you are a UK homeowner aged 55 or over, you may be considering equity release as a way to top up your finances and achieve your financial goals. Of course, arranging a plan is a huge financial decision to make. This is why it is reassuring to know that the Equity Release Council has strict rules and standards in place that protect you and your estate.
In this guide we’ll explain what the Equity Release Council is, and how it strives to promote high standards of conduct and practice across the industry. We will be discussing the following:
- What is the Equity Release Council?
- Who are members of the Equity Release Council?
- How does the Equity Release Council protect someone taking out equity release?
- What are the Equity Release Council’s guarantees?
- What are the Equity Release Council’s Principles and Outcomes?
- Are there any other protections in place for equity release customers?
- Find out more about equity release.
For fully regulated advice on unlocking your property wealth, please speak to our friendly selected advisers on 0800 096 2215, or request a call back for a time that suits you. Alternatively, check your eligibility and get an initial indication of how much tax-free cash you could release.