Explore equity release and inheritance protection – plus how a plan can help reduce IHT
It’s a common myth that you won’t be able to leave an inheritance if you arrange an equity release plan. The fact is, there are various ways in which you can ensure your family will inherit from your property if this is important to you. In some cases, equity release can even reduce the amount of inheritance tax (IHT) your estate is liable for.
To help you understand equity release and inheritance planning, we explain the following in today’s blog:
- What is equity release?
- How does equity release affect inheritance?
- What is equity release inheritance protection?
- How interest-only plans can help to protect inheritance
- Making equity release partial repayments to protect inheritance
- Impact of equity release on inheritance tax
- Could I reduce inheritance tax by gifting equity release?
We hope this guide will help to answer your questions about equity release and inheritance. Our selected advisers are also available to discuss your circumstances and offer further information and advice. Just call us on 0800 096 2215 or request a call back and we’ll arrange a no-obligation appointment for you.
Alternatively, check your eligibility and get an initial indication of how much tax-free cash you could unlock.