When can you remortgage to release equity?
If you have been paying off a mortgage on your home for several years, you may have built up significant equity in it. Remortgaging could let you access some of that equity as a cash loan – but is it right for you?
Remortgaging can be a good way to borrow, but it’s always a decision to take carefully. That’s especially true now, with interest rates among the highest for many years.
To help you understand how remortgaging to release equity works and whether it might be right for you, we’ve put together this guide that covers:
- What is remortgaging?
- Is remortgaging the same as equity release?
- What is remortgaging to release equity?
- How much equity can I release by remortgaging?
- Are there any downsides to remortgaging?
- How to remortgage to release equity
- When might remortgaging to release equity be impossible or unsuitable?
- What are some alternatives to remortgaging?
If you are interested in remortgaging to release equity, we hope this guide will help. Our selected advisers are also available to discuss your circumstances and offer further information and advice. Just call us on 0800 096 2215 or request a call back and we’ll arrange a no-obligation appointment for you.
Please note: This article is provided for information purposes only and does not represent financial, mortgage or investment advice. If in doubt, you should seek independent financial advice.