How do retirement interest only mortgages compare to equity release?
Today’s older homeowners have a range of lending options available to help boost their finances. Of course, with that comes the need to research and understand the options to decide which might be most suitable. Two such products worth a look are retirement interest only mortgages (RIOs) and equity release.
To save you time figuring out the key differences and similarities of these two financial products, we’ve put together the following information:
- What is a retirement interest only mortgage?
- What is an equity release plan?
- Is a RIO mortgage the same as equity release?
- What is the difference between a lifetime mortgage and a retirement interest-only mortgage?
- How do I know if a retirement interest-only mortgage or equity release is best for me?
If you are interested in a later life lending solution, we hope this guide will help. Our selected advisers are also available to discuss your circumstances and offer further information and advice. Just call us on 0800 096 2215 or request a call back and we’ll arrange a no-obligation appointment for you.
Please note: This article is provided for information purposes only and does not represent financial, mortgage or investment advice. If in doubt, you should seek independent financial advice.