Can you use equity release for care fees?
Some people are not eligible for 100% funding for care, due to the level of their assets or income. Others may be eligible, but wish to buy extra care beyond what their funding supports. An option that you may therefore consider is using equity release to pay for care.
There are circumstances where you can use equity release for care home fees, or to pay for care at home. Equity release is a big decision however, so we’ve put together this guide to help you understand the main issues:
- How does equity release work?
- Who qualifies for funding towards their care?
- Can you use equity release for care fees?
- How can I use equity release for care fees at home?
- Alternatives to equity release to pay for care at home
- Equity release and care home fees.
If you’d rather talk through your circumstances and questions with an expert, please call us on 0800 096 2215 or request a call back. We can arrange an appointment with one of selected equity release advisers to get the help and advice you need. Alternatively, check your eligibility and get an initial indication of how much tax-free cash you could unlock.