Explore if your leasehold house qualifies for equity release
It is possible to arrange equity release on leasehold houses – providing the amount of time remaining on your lease meets the lender’s minimum criteria.
Many houses across England, Wales and Northern Ireland are owned on a leasehold basis (although it’s now rare in Scotland). Providing the time remaining on the lease is long enough, these homes may be eligible for an equity release plan.
In this guide to equity release on leasehold houses, we cover the following:
- How does equity release work?
- What is a leasehold house?
- Can you get equity release on leasehold houses?
- What some equity release lenders say about leasehold houses.
- Getting advice on leasehold equity release.