How to unlock your ex-council house equity
If you own an ex-council property then you might be looking into how you could unlock some of its value to boost your finances. One option for homeowners who are 55+ is equity release.
In this article, we explore if you can release equity from an ex-council house or flat and if so, how to go about it. We will be covering:
- What is equity release?
- What is an ex-council property?
- Can you do equity release on an ex-council property?
- How much could I release from my ex-council house?
- Equity release providers and ex-council properties.
- How could equity release benefit me?
We hope this guide will help you understand the issues around ex-council houses and equity release. Our selected advisers are also available to discuss your circumstances and offer further information and advice. Simply call us on 0800 096 2215 or request a call back for a time that suits you, and we’ll arrange an appointment.
Please note: This article is for information purposes only and does not represent financial, mortgage or investment advice. If in doubt, you should seek independent financial advice.