Remortgage vs equity release – which is right for you?
If you have built up equity in your home and want to release some of it as cash, what’s the best way to do it? Remortgaging is one option, but equity release could be an alternative if you are 55 or older.
Equity release might be suitable if you don’t want to make monthly mortgage payments. That can be important for many later life borrowers who are on a restricted income. But there are pros and cons of equity release, just as there are with remortgaging.
This guide covers several issues to help you understand the difference between equity release and remortgage borrowing:
- What’s the difference between equity release and a remortgage?
- How does a remortgage to release equity work?
- How does equity release work?
- Equity release vs remortgage – the main differences.
- The differences between equity release and a remortgage at a glance.
- How do I choose between a remortgage vs equity release?
- Advice to help you choose a remortgage or equity release.
If you are looking at the pros and cons of equity release vs additional borrowing through a remortgage, we hope this guide will help. Our selected advisers are also available to discuss your circumstances and offer further information and advice on equity release and remortgaging. Just call us on 0800 096 2215 or request a call back and we’ll arrange a no-obligation appointment for you.
Please note: This article is provided for information purposes only and does not represent financial, mortgage or investment advice. If in doubt, you should seek independent financial advice.