Be prepared with these ‘must ask’ questions about equity release
You’ll need professional advice if you want to take out an equity release plan. Asking the right questions can make your initial appointments go smoothly.
The best equity release advisers will of course have experience of providing all the information you need in a professional and competent way. But it certainly can’t do any harm to be prepared with questions to ask them.
With that in mind, we’ve identified these seven ‘must ask’ questions to raise with any adviser you talk to:
- “Am I eligible for equity release?”
- “Are any alternatives more suitable than equity release?”
- “Are you a member of the Equity Release Council?”
- “Is the plan provider a member of the Equity Release Council?”
- “How much will my plan cost?”
- “What are the pros and cons of lump sum and drawdown plans?”
- “What are the future implications of taking out equity release?”
Why not put your questions about equity release to an adviser today? For help and advice from our selected advisers, call us on 0800 096 2215, or request a call back and we’ll arrange an initial telephone appointment for you. Alternatively, check your eligibility and get an initial indication of how much tax-free cash you could unlock.