Explore what the FCA is and how it protects consumers
The Financial Conduct Authority regulates and supervises UK financial services firms. It protects consumers by setting strict standards that firms must follow.
It’s reassuring to know that strict standards and regulations are in place to protect you when dealing with the financial services sector – whether that’s equity release or everything from banking to insurance.
In this guide we explain who the FCA is, and how it exists to protect customers of financial markets, including equity release.
- What is the Financial Conduct Authority?
- How does the FCA protect someone taking out equity release?
- The FCA equity release standards.
- Are there any other protections in place for equity release customers?
- Find out more about equity release.
Homeowners aged 55+ can unlock property wealth with equity release. For fully regulated advice on unlocking your property wealth, please speak to our selected advisers on 0800 096 2215, or request a call back for a time that suits you. Alternatively, check your eligibility and get an initial indication of how much tax-free cash you could release.